Hope you’ve been getting lots of great work these days.
Hell, for a lot of sound engineers I’ve talked to recently, there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of opportunity out there.
Not sure if you remember, but back in January I launched Pro Audio Workshop: Seeing Sound. It was my first go around at developing such an in-depth training.
…you know how sometimes you fumble through something for the first time and it sucks? This was definitely not one of those times. In fact, it was incredible and very well received by the group that participated.
Here are just a sample of the kind of feedback students sent in:
Already after the very first lesson, I can tell you that the course is worth every penny. -Martin D., AV Tech, Bulgaria
I’ve never before been able to text a teacher about direct action of course concepts. This class has paid for itself already. –Michael M., live sound, California
It didn’t surprise me that everyone learned a lot; what surprised me was how much I learned through the process of delivering the pilot course. Things like:
- Students loved the Slack channel because they could get real-time feedback in the field. Imagine, you have a job coming up and it’s a room you haven’t set up before. You’re wondering if you should stack the subs L/R or in the center. You know if you get it wrong, the sound is going to suck (or at least suffer) and it’s going to reflect poorly on you. So you log into Slack on your phone and post some photos with your questions and BAM, you get the answers and feedback that you can apply right away. The show ends up sounding amazing and not only do you get the compliment, you get a testimonial and a referral. That’s how powerful it can be!
- The students who got the most out of the course were those who immediately applied what they had learned to their work. This is NOT book theory we’re teaching, it’s REAL WORLD, in the trenches, front line stuff that you can put to work right away. It’s more than a safety net, it active support that helps you level up your game and take your career to a higher level.
And here’s what’s happening next:
- I am relaunching the pilot with NEW and UPDATED lesson content. As good as the first run was, I’ve retooled and improved the course material, so it delivers even more value. I was able to make these improvements, because of the incredible feedback I received from the previous group. I cut out the fat and focused in on the most important and valuable material.
- Because I’ve already done an intense launch to my list, this time I’m only going to be sending THREE emails about this rerelease, leading up to the training webinar that will explain the offer.
- The cart will only be open for 3 days (and I’ll probably send a few follow-up emails as well, before the cart closes) but that’s about it.
After all, I’m only interested in working with a small group of action takers… and I promise, you will know beyond a shadow of a doubt if this is right for your or not, so you don’t need to be bombarded with a dozen emails that try to convince you to join.
Now that you know what’s coming up, and before I send out the first promo email, I’d like to know if you have any questions. If so, please feel free to post a comment below and ask. The first launch email will be going out on Monday and I’m probably going to cap attendance at less than 20 so if you decide it’s a good fit, you’ll have to act fast to secure your spot.